Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1

The end begins - as for me, it is the completion of a decade-long journey as a fan of the series. Yes. I am a Potter freak, and has been one for the past 10 years now. My literary journey with Harry Potter ended last 2007 with the release of Deathly Hallows, my cinematic journey on the hand ends on July 2011 and I had the best sneak peek of the finale just moments ago.

Part 1 helms the web of the previous 6 movies. It connects all the events that took place for the past 6 years of Harry's life as a wizard. It is therefore vital that each moviegoer should either read the books or watch the movies again from Sorcerer's Stone to Half-Blood Prince. If you just watched the movie for the first time, you might get lost.

Deathly Hallows, aside from Sorcerer's Stone, has been very faithful with the book. The sequence of events that took place are followed exactly from the book and that gives me satisfaction. The only part which I find somewhat neglected was when the Dursley's moved out from Privet Drive. There was no closure on their part. The scene where Harry revisits the cupboard which he once reside is a signal that indeed the franchise is coming to a close. The 7 Potters Scene makes a superb opening, though, I see Hagrid less in this part. And then Bill Weasley is introduced briefly (You know who he is). And then, they decided to kill Hedwig. Yes, all those who died in the book, dies in the movie.

Nothing is left out... as of this moment. I have yet to see Dumbledore's backstory. Aside from that, everything is just marvelous. I was really impressed on how they presented "The tale of the Three Brothers." Its like two books in one movie. I read Tales of Beetle the Bard and has been a fan since. If you are a legit Potter fanatic, it would be easy for you to make the ends meet.

Characters from the previous movies made revivals for a short time and then killed after a few minutes of screen time. What delighted me most is the return of Dobby. I remember him to be annoying back then with Chamber of Secrets, but somehow, he is adorable in this one. Imelda Staunton is back and she is such a sight.

I love Harry-Hermione moments in the movie. I love to see them do intimate things with each other without implying malice. I love Ron-Hermione moments too. Harry-Ginny moments are quite quick and inconclusive.

I never made a standing ovation for any movie except for this one. I do not find it embarrassing. I still feel overwhelmed with the movie that it becomes a torture on my part that I have yet to wait for another 7-8 months to see the conclusion of one of the best franchise in movie history.

GRADE: A+

Comments

Popular Posts