Top 5 Anime's in the 90s to Early 2000s

Browsing Youtube in the middle of the night has its advantages, I get to watch videos which popped into my mind. Tonight, I reminisced on some of the best Anime's during my time, back when 10:00 AM and 3:30 PM would mean that I have to run towards my TV set and watch my favorite cartoons, that is unless I have school. The 1990s and early 2000s are the golden age of Anime's from ABS-CBN which usually have plot lines similar to a soap opera. It was not until the early 2000s that GMA usurped the throne from ABS-CBN and marketed some of the best action-packed Anime in their primetime slot. And so, without further ado, here is my list of the best Anime from ABS-CBN.

5. REMI-NOBODY'S GIRL
- Remi is one of those shows which really made everyone cry for the misfortunes of this child. From the deaths of some important characters and even to the death of her animal friends. What really imprinted in me was the song for the opening credit. This has been the most hurtful song I have ever heard in my entire life. The lyrics were so simple yet it can pierce the heart through and through.




4. PETER PAN/ANG ALAMAT NI SNOW WHITE
- Peter Pan and Snow White are just one of the anime's based on the most beloved fairy tales ever heard and read. While both have successful Disney adaptations, Peter Pan and Snow White has both captured our hearts every 10AM. Snow White, on the other hand, is over blown in this version and showed that the evilness of the Queen is boundless. No wonder the whole story lasted for months. Peter Pan, on the other hand, made waves with its classic comedic timing especially with Smee capturing us all with his wacky antics.





3. A DOG OF FLANDERS
- It was that time when everyone's dog is named Patrasche. Do you still remember him? I did. I remember how Nelo and Patrasche work together selling milk all over town to support their ailing grandfather. I can still remember that I was in 3rd Grade when this was released and boy, do I have to run at 10am just to catch the show.



2. CEDIE, ANG MUNTING PRINSIPE
- Probably one of the most famous character ever graced the television. A story of a boy in New York who happened to be of royalty descent. He met his grandfather and separated him from his mother. It was in that moment that Cedie was able to soften the heart of his strict and firm grandfather. Cedie, together with Sarah was the birth of good children's Anime in our era. 



1. PRINCESS SARAH
- Princess Sarah tells about the misfortunes of a child after the death of her wealthy father. Being enrolled in an exclusive girl's school, the news of the death of her father left her devastated and nowhere to go. Miss Minchin, on the other hand, is willing to keep her but she has to work as a servant inside the school. Sarah begins to be bullied and be a subject of maltreatment from Miss Minchin and the other students. Sarah is considered to be a legend in Philippine television and up until now, Sarah would remain the princess with a big heart.





Comments

  1. browsing youtube in the middle of the night has it's disadvantages ---- SCREAMER !! malas tlga pag ang napanood mo screamer -_-

    anyway, inaabangan ko yang princess sarah noon sa abs haha i remember the days ...

    tsaka blink, judy abott, georgie <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha... MALAS talaga pag screamer lol.. tapos naka high volume ka pa sa headphones... BOOM!

    ReplyDelete
  3. waaaaaaaah! i miss these animes esp. Remi and Princess Sarah..hahaha! namiss ko na talaga kiddie days ko!hahahaa!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Unfortunately I never saw any one of these animes. My favorite back then were Rurouni Kenshin (Samurai X) and Yuu Yuu Hakusho (Ghost Fighter)

    ReplyDelete
  5. grew up in Mindanao. in my childhood the most popular anime there was the Cebuano version of Heidi. everybody, or at least in my province, will remember "Lolo Al, Lolo Al. Asa si Peter? Asa diay si Peter, Lolo Al?" it's both hilarious and nostalgic, it's like a running joke every time we reminisce our childhood.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Spoiler Alert:

    I still remember the tragic story of Nello and Patrasche. :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. my favorites are Remi ,Princess Sarah and Cedi.I used to watched them every morning talaga.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pasama naman sa list ang Julio and Julia, Kambal ng Tadhana...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I used to watch those cartoons when I was a kid. Lalo na ang Sarah! haha...

    ReplyDelete
  10. i love the opening song for remi too! :) i used to memorize that song haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can definitely remember these animes! :D I love all these and I've literally grown up watching these classics.. ^^ Of course, when I entered puberty I was more into Sailormoon, Ghost Fighter, Rayearth and such.. :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow!!!! I love those animes! they're my all time fav! :) I could never forget Princess Sarah, Cedie and Remi. But i think you forgot to include Judy Abot :D :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. great list! bookmarking for kids!:))

    ReplyDelete
  14. nakaka iyak dyan ang remi!! huhuh grabe yang palabas na yan. nakaka antig.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ahhhh.. I miss my chiildhood. Peter Pan and Sarah were my favorites, I have also to mention Mojacko, Cedi, and doraemon :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. missed these cartoon shows... kahit re-runs dati daming nanood nito. medyo senti nga lang. Yahweh bless.

    ReplyDelete
  17. memorable cartoons of all time. kapanahunan pa namin yan =)

    ReplyDelete
  18. remie and cede as well as princess sarah are timeless!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. I was into Cedie and Princess Sarah but never got the chance to watch it until the end because I was just at the mercy of our neighbors TV set. :(

    ReplyDelete
  20. I got to watch all of them except for Remi. Dog of Flanders was my favorite back then.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Used to watch Princess Sarah, the others I am not so familiar.

    ReplyDelete
  22. why is it JULIO at JULIA (kambal ng tadhana) not included?? paborito din natin yun, di ba? ^^

    ReplyDelete
  23. this post brings back so many childhood memories:)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Cedieeeeeeeeeeeee! Colleeeeeeeeeeeen! My favorite! Si Mama Sarah din! I used to watch the reruns every summer kasi hinde ko naabutan madalas pag school days. =)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Ah I miss those days when we have really great stories to tell and that CG is not the basis of what becomes a bestseller.

    ReplyDelete
  26. i can really remember watching cedie and princess sarah. i loved watching them sa abs-cbn, kahit pabalik balik, okay lang.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Looking back...
    cute ni princess sarah.
    my daughter loved to watch it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts